Friday, January 30, 2015
From the people over at Sprouts Farmer's Market in Arizona is this incredibly useful info-graph detailing several good homemade vegan dressing recipes. I am a huge fan of the Orange Ginger and the Sweet Basil.
One tip, you can double, or more, the recipes to make bigger portions. I took the Orange Ginger to a client's picnic last summer where it was a huge hit among everyone there.You can also modify ingredients too. I prefer a lot more garlic and usually end up doubling it in those recipes that call for it.
How would modify these recipes to your tastes?
Thursday, January 29, 2015
Vegan Chorizo Poppers
I am obsessed with this recipe posted at Body Mind Freedom Since discovering this recipe I have made them at least once a week.
To follow them up, she just posted a round up of vegan Super Bowl Munchies, just in time for this weeks game between the Patriots and Seahawks.
Other great recipes are vegan Chili con Queso dip with vegan Chorizo and Vegan Jello shots for a bit of alcoholic fun
Vegan Banana Nut Bread Recipe
Banana Bread Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 over-ripe bananas (should equal at least 1 1/2 cup of mashed banana)
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Oil a medium size bread pan
- Chop & measure the walnuts
- Measure & mix the dry ingredients except for sugar
- Mash bananas with fork
- Mix the wet ingredients, including the banana, plus the sugar in blender or food processor
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix lightly with just a few strokes
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the oiled pan
- Bake for 45 min, on the middle rack of the oven, until browned & firm to the touch
- Cool on a rack in the pan for 5 minutes
- Remove from pan
- Cool for at least half an hour before slicing.